Followers


Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm an Aunt Again - Twice Over This Time



I'm an aunty again twice over within a short span of a month. Both my sister in law and my cousin gave birth. I've yet to visit my cousin's baby boy Nicholas but his photos on FB ...wooo...he is so very cute!! I didn't want to see her as my family members are taking turns falling sick. I'm ok - thanks to the loads of vitamins that I have been taking. A friend who is also a doc recommended Usana to my husband and I. My husband is less 'rajin' with the vits but I'm following to the dot. I'm alot more immune lately. I believe its due to the vits.



As I was saying before I got too carried away with that other topic, my sis in law gave birth on the 1st Jan, prematurely. She was almost 2 months early but Baby Sabrina insisted on coming out. She had to be put in the incubator and was in the hospital for about 2 weeks! Oh yes! The hospital bill went super sky high what with New Year public holidays and the special care!!! We visited her when she was 3 weeks old. Very small since she was premature but very very cute. Nice sharp features and I believe that she will be a pretty lady when she grows up :) My sis in law was so anxious for her.. her size and of course because of that, her feeding is not exactly easy. I would too if I am in her shoes. I can't give her much advice coz I don't know much about prematures. But the fact is that the baby is responding, eating and sleeping well, there shouldn't be anything to worry about, right? I told her so. Most importantly, she has to be careful not to fall into post natal depression due to all these worrying.



Just this weekend, we celebrated Baby Sabrina's full moon. The little girl slept almost throughout her celebration. She was awake when I went to see her in her room. She turned her head in my direction when I talked to her. Clever girl! I held her in my arms - quite weightless as with most babies. She snuggled in and fell right into sleep. What a cutie. I didn't take any photo, darn! When I put her back in her cot, she did all those stretching and making faces...and signs that she wanted to be carried again. Somehow all mummies will know. So, I took her into my arms again and she calmed down quite a bit. There is this thing about having a baby in my arms. This is a really nice feeling. That said, I'm done with 3 kids. I'm just too scared of going through pregnancy again. Mine had not been easy. But thank God all went well and I have 3 precious kids :)

I can't wait to see my little niece again during CNY. And perhaps for the 1st time for baby Nicholas.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe