Answering Alice who posted this question on my blog. Here's a set of instructions to help you. Actually I have friends asking me the same thing too. It is actually not easy for first timers as you have to find your way around. I was bumping around for Ryan's registration last year and I know what to do for Raymund now. Even so, I couldn't find the MOE site initially. For Selangor schools, you must apply online first before you go to the schools. They were less strict, I think, last year coz I went direct to Ryan's school and the school registered online for us. For Raymund, Ryan came back with a set of instructions from the school asking us to register online first before bringing in the documents to them. So, for you who are interested, here goes.
Registration for Standard 1 entry in the year 2012 an 2013 has started since 1 Mar. Registration past 30 April is considered late. This is applicable for BOTH 2012 and 2013 admission. See this little note from MOE below.
What you need to do is this:
- Go to http://apps.moe.gov.my/esppsel/. It may take a very long time to load. Don't worry your computer is not hanging. Just have to wait very long. I had to wait a good 10-15 minutes when I was doing mine.
- Once in, you will see an online form that looks like this. Start filling in. Get your child's IC or birth cert handy.
- Follow the online form till the end. You will be asked to fill in your child's info and yours too. Pick the school from the drop down list that you want your child to be enrolled in. There is only 1 choice! Also do know which 'Daerah' the school is located. Pick from Klang, Kuala Langat, Kuala Selangor, Hulu Langat, Hulu Selangor, Sabak Bernam, Gombak, Sepang, Petaling Perdana or Petaling Utama. If you don't know, please google up the school for their contact number and ask first before your register.
- Once you have successfully registered, you will be given a PIN. This is for you to login again to your registration to amend or check for status.
- Remember to print out the form after registration. Just click on 'Cetak' at the bottom. You will need this for your registration at the school.
Yes. Registering online is only the 1st step. You have to bring this online registration form together with the following documents to the school that you picked for your child. Go during week days. Again, this registration is opened from 1-30 Mar.
- Birth certificate/Sijil Anak Angkat (original & photocopy)
- Parents'/Guardians' MyKad (original & photocopy)
- Marriage/Divorce certificate of parents (original & photocopy)
- Surat Hak Penjagaan/Perintah Mahkamah, where applicable (original & copy)
- Utility bill with your address (TNB/water/telephone) (original & copy)
- Self-addressed envelop of 4"x9" with 60 sen postage stamp
- Doctor's report & Kad Oku, where applicable (for special children) (original & copy)
- Printed online registration that you have just done
When the time comes, go back online. Select the 4th option (See above). Key in your child's IC and the PIN number. Wait and wait and wait. You will be able to see updates where they are ready. IF you need to appeal, go to the school which your child has been allocated and you will be told another painful process.
Good luck to you.