Followers


Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spending Some Quality Time

I took 2 days off work on Thursday and Friday last week. And time flies. My intention was to revise Ryan's school work as next week he will have his 1st exam. Don't think he fully comprehends the real meaning of exam yet. But he does know that if he studies hard and get good results, he will be rewarded and he is very hopeful that he will get his Nerf Gun.

My work has been rather stressful. My boss has high expectation. Good in a way but my body can only take so much. I had a not-so-serious-case of anxiety attack just before CNY. Started with palpitations and a bad case of shortness of breath. I actually thought I was about to have some heart problem. Done the ECG and even thyroid test. Finally, concluded - too stressed - it was really anxiety attack. I made sure I rested during CNY and I recovered somewhat. More stressed came later what with piling work. I feel a short break in between is good for me to recuperate. At the same time, my son needs me. Ryan has been a good boy. He listened to me even when I was a bit harsh with him when he couldn't follow. I feel bad but sometimes, he needs some jostle. I always end the session with a hug so that he knows that Mummy loves him and means well. Raymund wanted to join but after a while, he lost his patience. He can't sit still. Actually, I'm not worried about Raymund. He is a fast learner.

I really enjoyed my 2 days + weekend. There is no rush or race against time. No adrenaline surges. Peace! My kids are my lifeline.... or in Chinese 'mang kan'. Seeing them together makes me very happy.. even though sometimes they drive me nuts. My husband feels the same. In fact, he joined me and took his Friday off too. My kids love it when we are at home with them. It means that they get to go out and have a little fun.

Monday is coming too fast. Definitely Monday Blues or even Manic Monday for me. I'd get very exhausted when I come back from work. But that does not stop me from enjoying my family. After all, working is a means to an end. While I'd like to excel, I consider having a balanced life critically important. Else there is really no meaning. My husband shares the same view as well.

6 comments:

Alice said...

Hi Joanne,
glad to hear that. yalor...being a working mom much more harder, the balancing between demanding boss and kids at home. At times, forget to take care of ourselvs :0)
Mummies are strong ppl. Children is out lifeline, 'meng kan', I totally agreed.

enrichment centres in Singapore said...

glad to hear that. yalor...being a working mom much more harder, the balancing between demanding boss and kids at home. At times, forget to take care of ourselvs :0)

enrichment classes said...

glad to hear that. yalor...being a working mom much more harder, the balancing between demanding boss and kids at home. At times, forget to take care of ourselvs :0)

Anonymous said...

Kids spell love as T.I.M.E. :)

My First Skool said...

You're a hardworking mom and I believe the kids are glad you are spending some quality time at home whether its resting or accompanying them well, it works both ways.

Anyway do take care.

Joanne said...

yep! Being mom is not easy. But glad to have many supporters!! You take care too!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe