Followers


Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Bought a Globe for My Sons

Ryan is super enthusiastic about 'Science' - a word that he uses to encompass science, geography, biology and the works. He has his favorite collection of children encyclopedias that we got from Popular Bookstore. These of some of his favourites.

I am hoping that Raymund is gradually influenced by his brother. Still not yet but my little boy here loves school and studying. That is good enough for now. Ryan on the other hand is not too happy with his new school but luckily his passion for 'science' and knowledge is still strong. Lately, because of the catastrophe in Japan, he is even more interested in earthquakes and tsunamis. How does it happen and the whys. He was also talking about the location of Malaysia, Japan and the oceans around it. Being an opportunist, we decided to buy the boys a globe. Why a globe - just making sure that they know that the earth is like a ball and not square :P. And of course the fun of spinning it around.
The boys were really excited particularly Ryan. Raymund just likes to spin it round and round. I guess he is too young for it. But I involved him anyway so that at the every least. he knows where Malaysia is. I got funny questions from him asking me where Giant Hypermart is and so on. Quite entertaining.

Actually, the intent is not to show them that they can spin the globe. I'm thinking that when I read the books with them about the sun and earth, about animals and origins, and so on, I can point it out to them. Just the other day, Ryan was asking where can we find piranhas. I didn't know but luckily for his books, we found out together and got to show him where on earth... literally speaking.


2 comments:

Jennifer Low said...

Hi, Joanne. My son loves "science" too. Where did you purchase the globe from? It looks like very good quality. How much was it?

Joanne said...

I got mine from Popular Bookstore. Not exactly cheap at RM165 but worth for the sake of education.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe