Followers


Saturday, November 6, 2010

Odonata Chinese Reading Series

I guess I'm making up for lost time, haha!

I was at the Popular Bookstore with my kids today. I was thinking of getting some Std One revision books and Chinese reading books for Ryan. Ryan is still very weak in Chinese, amongst others. I really regret not starting him on an academic based kindy. Tell you about it later.

After going thru the Standard 1 revision books, I got more worried. How come the syllabus today is so much more difficult than those my time? I called Ryan's tuition teacher to ask what I should buy. I know she has gotten some revision books for him. Thought it will be good to get him some Chinese reading materials. There is this series that he is working on that apparently introduce words to him as he progress from book to book. Seems good to. Found them in Popular bookstore.

The 1st series of 8 books promised that the child will know 100 characters. The 2nd series another 100, and so on. He is still in the beginners of Pre-school series. The publisher is Odonata Publishing Sdn Bhd. You can find the info it their online shopping site at http://www.odonatabooks.com/webshaper/store/viewCat.asp.


I just bought the 2nd series. Cost only RM5.50 x 8 books.
Long way to go to the Primary sets. See below.


I really hope we can do some good catch up during the holiday break. Ryan is very playful and somewhat lazy. Sigh!


Cheers

3 comments:

Ling said...

Oh man.. Tell me bout the Chinese books. This 1st series i started my #2 at 4yo. Now 5, going k2 next year.

Although he could read a handful of Chinese words, the Han yu pin yin and the chinese words are already me nuts! And he's getting all confuse w phonics sounds and the Han yu pin yin sounds.

And words he's reading range from (Chinese) pillow, chopsticks, hair clips etc. And, The biggest problem, I cannot read them. So half the time, he ends up teaching me.. :(

Joanne said...

haha! I forsee my headache will come. Thank god I have a tuition teacher to teach them. My chi is as good as none. Guess, us moms will hav to rough it thru :(

Gim~Ong said...

hello JOanne,

I am introduce to buy the set 1 and 2 for my preschooler who is going to be 4yo soon. I wonder if it is good enough or should i go towards other reading/learning methods?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe