Followers


Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Pain of Getting Into The Right Primary School

Somehow, my parenting stories have been focusing on Ryan, my eldest. Simple, he is my first and my trial and errors begin with him. Raymund's is a lot easier as I learn from what I have gone through for Ryan. Rachel... phew...I still have time to buy. She is my precious 2 year old princess :)

A couple of months back, when the results of primary school allocation was out, I was very upset. You see when we registered for schools earlier, we were given 2 options to fill up. What really happened was, only 1 school, the 1st choice was keyed into the system. So when the 1st choice was not available, the system basically placed him in the school which is closest to the suburb ... mind you, not the address ya. We are in Puchong area and the school given to him is SRJK Chen Moh near Jln Othman, PJ!! Moreover, it will be afternoon session. Can you imagine the nightmare of transporting him and the time arrangement for his journey, homework (that's another nightmare!) and such? We still have to report at the allocated school, Chen Moh. But we went for appeal. Even so, that is no guarantee. It depends on availability and again, there is only 1 option though you are asked to fill up 2 options on paper. Can't figure that out! At the end of the day, if the appeal fails, he will still have to go to this school. I heard that this school is not bad but that is not really the point here. The school admin advised to apply for transfer then.

Let's hope my wait for the appeal is fruitful.

Cheers

5 comments:

Nat said...

At least you knew where yr son allocated. We are at East Malaysia still waiting till next Thursday..even 'jie jie'oredi in tht school also not confirm 'mei mei' will get the same...imagine if 2 kids different school. imagine i need to thru the fill in form for appeal again and wait again....

Joanne said...

That's horrific! Here I tot the younger siblings are guaranteed into the same school as the eldest!

Nat said...

More horrific..Thursday the list out and Saturday(13/11)buy books and 22/11 till 04/12 will be std 1 orientation for 2 weeks...IF name not in the list...my poor girl might missed the orientation and books problem again...I REALLY WORRIED. Understand from Principal tht some parents registered 3-4 school for their kids at the same time. Macam ini pun boleh... I even heard from my girl kindy teacher said sometime u registered chinese school, they even will sent u to Kebangsaan school..OMG

Joanne said...

how do u know when the book list out , orientation, etc? Is it by school? Really blurrr here - sigh!

Nat said...

Ya, the list already out because my eldest daughter in that school and all parents who registered for primary 1 for that school already attend a talk on 06/11, so everything are ready except the name list.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe