Followers


Sunday, January 9, 2011

Raymund in Enopi Already

In fact, I feel that I started Raymund late. Ryan started Enopi when we was half way thru Year 4. I just only started Enopi for Raymund. I'm not showing favoritism. But Ryan was a slow starter. He only started speaking in Year 4 and before was all baby babbles. Long story there. As a second child, Raymund picks up from his kor kor and Rachel picks up from both. So naturally, the fastest learner is my girl. This is quite normal and I see this is another household too. Ryan was a bit more unlucky. Where other kids have caring nanny and grandparents to teach them since they were a baby, he went to thru a bad nanny who was more concerned about getting my kids to take care to earn more. I really regretted that I was so ignorant then. That's why I put more concentration on him and what he learns, my other two will pick up too. A good chain reaction.

The 1st time I sent Raymund to Enopi, he cried big time, refusing to get down from my car. Finally and very reluctantly, my maid followed him and his kor kor to Enopi. When I fetched him back, he was real happy. He had this little present from his teacher and he declared 'I like Enopi'. Must be the kids and the presents. They did assessment on him and so far, looks good.

The next lesson, he was all ready at the door waiting for me to fetch. Not bad.

I feel that Maths is very important. It is a prerequisite to a lot of studies later. Ryan though not as strong in other areas, he is top of class in Maths. It also helps to give the child confidence. One of my friends while visiting me saw how Ryan did his Enopi homework. He didn't even need to calculate. He just wrote his answers from line to line without hesitation. My friend was impressed. No doubt there is a certain amount of memory game here but Enopi does teach interesting methods to do Maths. Then, practicing over and over again to remember the answers. Nothing wrong with that. Coz like us adult, we don't even need to calculate simple maths. We just know.

I feel that Enopi is the right move for my kids. I'm not discounting the rest of Math enrichment like Kumon and Math Monkey. Just that I started them off with Enopi and I like the franchisee (owner of my sons' Enopi branch). It is important to know how good and caring the franchisee is, for obvious reasons.


2 comments:

CHIA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CHIA said...

Hi! Can I know which enopi branch your sons are going ? I wish to enrol my daughter to math enrichment center, my daughter is in chinese school std 1 now, and she still use finger to count , even the easiest one like 3+2 or 5+1 ..... Do you think attending Enopi will helps ? Thanks.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe