Followers


Monday, May 7, 2012

All for my Children's Safety

It's late and I'm still blogging. Tomorrow, I am definitely going to suffer at work!!!
Just thought I'll cover another topic - some thoughts about children's safety.

The recent ordeal over the kidnapping of the Dutch boy has certainly shaken up the nation. My friends and colleagues who are parents felt it too. I just can't imagine what the boy's parents were going through while they were waiting for their boy to come home. Around the same time, my husband told me that near his boss' residence, there was also an attempted kidnapping of two boys - similar age too. Luckily, the kidnapping attempt failed as the boys were shouting and putting up a fight. Their shouting alerted people who came out to see what was happening. The boys were so lucky. They are also private school goes.

I just received a note from my residential community telling us to tighten our security as there have been cases of burglary and snatch thieves armed with parang within our vicinity. Scary!! It sure seems that the economy is not doing that fantastic. Immediately, I told my maid to lock all doors and not let my kids play outside the house during the day. You just don't know who are the bad guys.

My eldest boy is learning Tae Kwon Do. I have all intention to send my second son to martial arts learning too. As for my girl, I don't quite know yet. My initial rationale is for discipline and some sort of self defense knowledge. With all that is happening around us, it is not a bad idea after all.

I'm going to have some bedtime stories with my kids in the next few days centering around the topic of what to do when there are bad guys, creating scenarios whether at home, in school, out shopping and so forth. This is long overdue but never too late. In fact, I told them today that if they encounter bad guys, shout as loud and make as much noise as possible. The first rule of defense.

Ok! Time for bed! Nite, nite!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe