Followers


Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our Trip to PD

My husband and I took leave from work for 1 and half week to spend time with our kids during school holidays. We went to PD last week where Rachel's had her first experience in the pool and beach. My kids were at all time high then.. feeding the rabbits and chickens, playing water and sand. It was kind of boring for the adults - nothing much to do but my husband and I were very happy simply because our kids were happy. That's all we want.

Ryan made some friends at the pool. Raymund is a very active child but when it comes to making friends, he is very reserved. Ryan is totally different. He approaches children and makes the 1st move to be friends. Rachel, my princess is definitely in her own world. Anyway, they had great fun. Ryan was counting the hours towards the end of the trip. He wanted to make the most out of it. He woke up early and insisted on going to the pool immediately. He was even willing to miss breakfast and that is something big because Ryan just loves to eat :)

Raymund wanted to go home. The little fun he had was enough. He missed his home and the comfort of his room. On the 1st night, he wanted us to go home to sleep, thinking that we were near to home. But he was ok. Even Rachel had fun. There was a little kids centre in Avillion. After dinner, we let them hang around there a little while .. to digest before they sleep.

The hotel highly recommended Sea View Restaurant for sea food. Perhaps we are very much KL-ians. The price was pretty reasonable but the taste was so-so. The breakfast at the hotel was also nothing to shout about. The 2 breakfasts that we had, had exactly the same spread.

At the end of the trip, Ryan was trying to get us to tell him when he can visit again. He loves the place and everything in it. The kids said thank you to us. That felt good :)

I had a good time with my family. That is all that matters. The down side is that I came back with lots of bite marks on my neck, hand and legs. I was bitten by sand flies. I was playing sand with my girl at the beach. Thank God she is ok. I am still carrying the marks and the itch. Very itchy... swelled up into bubbles and when it leaking, it just kept leaking and leaking. Towards the 3rd day, my hands felt numb-ish. I had to go on antibiotic and antihistamine to fix it. So, watch out if you go to PD. The sand flies there are not fatal like the ones in Africa but darn irritating :p.



Joanne

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe