Followers


Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tsunami Alert on 22nd July! Truth or Hoax?

I just received a chain mail warning about big Tsunami that is going to Malaysia and many countries next week on 22nd July. The content as follows:

“Hello there. I just wanted 2 let you know that please stay away from the beaches all around in the month of July. There is a prediction that there will be another tsunami hitting on July 22nd. It is also when there will be sun eclipse. Predicted that it is going 2 be really bad and countries like Malaysia (Sabah & Sarawak), Singapore, Maldives, Australia, Mauritius, Si Lanka, India, Indonesia, Philippines are going 2 be badly hit. Please try and stay away from the beaches in July. Better 2 be safe than sorry. Please pass the word around. Please also pray for all beings.”

After that I googled to find out more and to check if there is any truth to the content. Imagine my surprise when I found out that this has been going on for quite a while and there had been many talks about it since. While it is true that we are expecting the eclipse of the sun but the rest of it .. is it true or is someone just having a sick and nasty joke causing unnecessary public panic???! If it is true and it is is really bad, why then are the authorities of all these countries not going on red alert?! In this case, I place my trust on my authorities.

Check this out too - is this the source? It has an attachment detailing the so-called theories around the prediction. And from 'indiastudychannel'??? Really beats me!!

I'm still googling up trying to find valid authorities commenting about this rumour. Can't find though except from one little article from http://sarawakupdate.com.my/blog/news/july-22-solar-eclipse-cum-tsunami-is-a-hoax-fadillah/ - check it out.

Frankly, rather than causing undue public panics to some even though some others just mocked at the rumour, I hope that some credible experts would step forward to clear the air. And if it is indeed a sick joke, I for one am really pissed at the culprit.

2 comments:

Cynful Pleasure said...

Joanne, I received that email too, and earlier also blog about it, as there someone too share that earthquake is something that human can't predict, and nothing related to the eclipse.

http://cynselfblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/tsunami.html

Joanne said...

Thanks. Thats what I thought. And the best part is it seems to come fr a student from India or so it seems :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe