Followers


Saturday, April 7, 2012

Registering for Primary School Admission in 2012

It has been bothering me... how come there is no notice for me to go to Ryan's school to register for Raymund. I remembered that I have to get his birth certificate stamped by the school as part of the procedure of applying for a place in the SJK(C) school for him. I asked my colleague some time back and she said that she was also waiting for the same.

I knew I had done the online application via MOE for Raymund. I had also filled up a form brought back by Ryan that asked for Ryan's sibling who will be attending the school come next year. What I didn't remember was going to the school to submit the relevant documents, get his birth cert stamped and fill up some stacks of forms. 

March has gone and now April. I remember that during Ryan's time, the cut off date was March to do all this. I was definitely panicking. I had finally managed to get thru to the school and speak to the school admin. I had a moment of panic when she said she couldn't find Raymund's record despite my online application thru MOE. She told me she had to search thru 700+ records of application to search for his record and told me to call back. When I called back, she told me that she found Raymund's record and that I had already went thru all the procedures including getting his birth certificate stamped. Gosh! Must be old age! I seriously thought I didn't do it and I was so certain that I didn't even check his birth certificate. Whatever it is, thank God I did it!


I quickly then called my colleague. Her situation is different as her son is the eldest and going to Primary on his own. Raymund's situation is better as he is tagging in after Ryan. When I told her about the deadline being end of this month (that's what the school admin told me), she dropped everything and went straight to the school to get everything done. 

So, to all mothers out there. Please check that your children's admission into Standard 1 next year is in order. The deadline is THIS MONTH APRIL. I was also told of another situation. Having an older child in the school DOES NOT GUARANTEE a place for the younger. So, let's be prepared.

First thing first, I reckon that calling the school to check for your child's record may be a good step. Be prepared with your child's IC number as they will search by IC. You have to ensure that if you have children born in 2006 and 2007, the procedures for school application should be in order by now. Children born in the year 2008 will start registering next year - that's for my Rachel.

Lastly, for children's admission to Standard 1 next year, we can check the result online in Aug. Good luck to all of us!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you want to admission for your child then read above details.

school admission

Goh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe