Followers


Thursday, September 17, 2009

New Scholastic Booklist again!

My son's kindy recently sent out a new booklist from the Scholastic Book Clubs. This is one booklist that I keep looking out for. Besides cheap pricing, the books are really good and relevant for young readers. In my earlier post, I have some photos of the books I recently bought. I don't mind getting more to create a little library for my kids. After Ryan, they can be passed on to little Raymund and little Rachel. Books are treasures and a great investment. My views :)

Meant for preschoolers, the list actually coded the recommended books by the level of reading difficulty. I went for the easier ones as I'd like to encourage my son to read more and the different stories to create interest in reading. The books are quite cheap after the discounts. And the Clifford Phonics Fun Pack that I bought recently, that I found so useful ... I found another version. I hope to get all versions. Emailed to the customer service but no reply so far :(. Anyway, what could have costed RM47.80 from a regular bookstore is only RM28 for a pack of 12 books. I got a few other books too.. intended to pass from Ryan to his siblings. Hopefully, they can last that long ... knowing my kids :)

I showed this booklist to one of my friends with a kindy-going kid. Seems that his kindy also distribute Scholastic booklists on periodical basis. It's better than to buy from a bookstore :)

Whilst we can get English books through our kids schools from publisher/distributer like Scholastics, I have yet to see any for Chinese and Malay books. I'm still scouting for good ones for my preschoolers. No such luck yet. Happy if someone can give me some pointers :)

4 comments:

Jehan said...

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for sharing the info. Very enlightening indeed.

Just a question - how do I buy the scholastic books for that price?

Thanks
Jehan
jehan.roslani@gmail.com

Joanne said...

so far the only way I know is thru the kindergartens. The major bookshops have them but at regular price. I tried contacting Scholastic but no reply. Let you know if I get any news since I also need the contact.

Jehan said...

ok thank you!

Joanne said...

Hi Jehan - I have some latest news for you. Will put up a post 'Getting Scholastic Books' later :) so that I can share with all interested. Look out for it.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe