Followers


Friday, June 12, 2009

Planning for Ryan's Birthday

Next week is my boy's birthday. 

Like last year, I intend to get him a cake and let his classmates celebrate with him in his kindergarten. Celebrating with us adults is not as fun to young children. And, I think that it is still too young to throw him a b'day party. So, bringing a cake with some tit bits to kindy sounds like a good idea. He enjoyed it last year. His classmates ooh-ed aah-ed over his cake and sang him the B'day song. He was proud and shy at the same time. Took some pictures and videos. He can still remember it :) Simple yet memorable.

This year, I have prepared some wrapping papers to make little paper bags. Bought some sweets, jelly puddings and chocs as well. I'm quite careful to get the 'healthier' ones....haha! like real!! How healthy can sweets be?! I just chose those that don't come with preservatives. I'm going to involve Ryan in making and packing these little gifts for his friends. Part craft, part teaching the concept of 'giving' and not just 'receiving'. Then, I'll hunt for his cake. Chocolate cake - his favourite :)

Tomorrow is shopping day. Ryan gets to choose his present. .. and of course, Raymund gets one too.. sigh! Ain't want no fighting at home... but then again....boys are boys!! My little girl is still the sweet and mellow one :) - for now.

My husband and I have taken leave to celebrate with him in his kindergarten. Bringing little Raymund too - to let him get a 'feel' of school (almost time to send him already). Hope they will enjoy it. I will post some photos later. 



1 comment:

Mango Thai Desserts said...

goodness, Ryan and you should win a mother-son lookalike contest! and Raymund an Lenon, father-son lookalike! Rachel... wait and see!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe