Followers


Thursday, December 3, 2009

Big Brother Protects Little Brother

My 3 year old little Raymund is really a little terror lately. No wonder people call 3 year olds, Terrible Three! He will scream shrilly, beat people, throw tantrums when he doesn't get his way. Rebellious... always getting into mischief. Most of the time I was so angry with him that I have to punish him. Practically a daily affair. But I feel very heartsick when I beat him. He is still a little boy and he is still close to me. Since my maid went back to Indon for holidays, Raymund has been asking for me, whether to sleep or eat. This maid has been taking care of him since he was 1 month old. Almost a second mother to him. Raymund still misses her and occasionally ask for her.

"Mummy, lets go fetch kakak home"
"Kakak go back Indon, don't friend kakak"
"Kakak go back Indon, I SAD! How?"

Yep, at 3 years old, he talks quite well. My maid who speaks English has been teaching him a lot an he copies his older brother Ryan alot. But then again, he picks up all naughty things very fast too! Sigh!

Well, just today, little Raymund tore my leather sofa. Don't know how did it but he just did! Headache! I scared him by saying that Daddy will punish him when he came back. Ryan started defending his brother even before his Daddy came back. He even told his kakak, "Take care of Raymund, ok?", fearing that his brother will kena beating when his Daddy comes back.

When my husband came back, we pretended that we wanted to punish Raymund by throwing him outside to sleep in the garden for the night. Trying to instill fear in Raymund to behave.. but I think he is as fearless as any 3 year old! Ryan tried to protect his little brother. He said he loves his brother, cannot let his brother sleep outside. Kept blocking and pestering us until his eyes were red. Then he went to his little brother Raymund and persuaded his brother to say sorry to Daddy and Mummy. Raymund said sorry. Ryan then said to us, 'Raymund said sorry already. Cannot throw Raymund outside.' We accepted his 'sorry' and Raymund kiss us good night. Then all of a sudden, Ryan burst into tears. Poor boy! He was stressed up trying to defend his brother. I hugged him. Good boy! My husband and I are very happy that Ryan at his very young age, 5 years old, already knows how to protects his siblings. Happy :)

With Raymund, I'm hoping that he learns to discipline soon when he goes to kindergarten. I remember that Ryan was just as naughty when he was a toddler until he went to kindergarten. Can't wait. Sigh!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe