Followers


Monday, December 7, 2009

Study Area for My Kids



I have been thinking where to set up Ryan study area for home tuition. Dining table? Too much noise. Too much distraction. Raymund and Rachel will sure to disturb. My room where I normally teach them (I have the kids round tables and chairs already)? Nope... not a good idea to let an outsider enter my private bedroom. That leaves the family hall upstairs.

My family hall is pretty small and cozy. Over the weekend, we purchased a cheap RM100 book shelf to keep my kids, my hubby's and my books. Collected quite a lot overtime. I love novels. It's my other world where I'll sink into fantasies while reading my favorite author's latest. My son Ryan is so into 'library' too. In fact, one of his requirement for his new kindy is a good sized library. He loves books. Little Raymund just follows his 'kor kor'. So, it's as good time as any to cultivate this habit.

Busy weekend. Did some cleaning up. Moved our books to the new book shelf. Put the IKEA round kids table and chair in the hall. Some nice colorful IKEA containers to store some materials. Displayed some of my son's art work. There... we have a mini library cum study area. My kids were very excited over it. They call it their library. Haha! But I felt that it was a bit dull. I went to IKEA today hoping to get some kids play chairs... I remembered seeing an IKEA teddy bear shaped floor chair in Ryan's kindy.
It comes in several colors.. I like the red one. Thought it would go nicely in the hall. I wanted something colorful and attractive for kids. Didn't buy! That darn thing costs RM339!

Went to Jusco after that and got me a nice vibrant blue and white canvas bean bag. My kids haven't played on a bean bag before. I will put it up once I give it a good rinse and fill it with the polystyrene little balls. It's only RM84! A far cry from that chair.

I have an existing TV table and an extra small TV in the family hall. Never used it since we shifted in. It used to me our old TV back in the 'couple-no-children' days. My hubby came back and connected the TV with an old VCD player. Boy! Were the children excited! They arranged the little chairs in a row, watched 'Thomas and His Friends' and called the family hall their very own cinema, haha! My husband and I joined in the fun, sitting on those little chairs with them. Ryan happily said to me that he can now read books and watch TV at the same time. Raymund parrots Ryan :) My little princess also climbed up the little chair next to her kor kor Raymund (of course, we were watching over her and helping :)) , swung her little legs and babbling away. Whatever her two 'kor kors' do, she wants in. I guess she thinks that she is much older than her 1 year old :)

Kids are happy, no big damage to my wallet, settled home tuition area....Mission accomplished! :) :) ;p
Will post some pictures once my bean bag dries up :)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe