Followers


Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ryan's 1st Home Tuition Today



Ryan just had his 1st Home Tuition day with his ex class teacher. Initially he was 2 hearts when I told him about his tuition. He was excited to have his Teacher come to his house but his holiday lazy bones were getting the better of him :)

Turned out good, I would say. I put them at the 'study area' that I prepared in my family hall upstairs. I prepared exercise books, paper and pencils for them. I forgot about the color pencils ;p. I have already got some Malay and Chinese reading and workbooks from Popular bookstore. They were really cheap and practical. They got into study mode almost immediately. I could hear them downstairs. My 2 younger kids were a bit noisy. I didn't want to distract the learning upstairs and so, I got them to play in the room downstairs instead. Little Raymund was eager to join him. He thought it was fun. To him, going to school and seeing teacher means he will get balloons. You see, Ryan came home from kindy one day with a balloon. He told his brother that his Teacher gave it to him. That's why Raymund got that idea :) At the same time, I think he feels a bit left out and wants to learn too. Good start! I didn't want to stress him yet - definitely not ready for home tuition. Instead, I have begun some basic prewriting exercises, shapes and colors with him. I'll blog about it later.

After today's lesson, the Teacher told me that she has to start from scratch. I agreed with her as I wanted to strengthen his foundation 1st. The same with Malay. I'm happy with today's outcome. His Chinese characters looked a lot better now. His Teacher was particular that he writes better. Believe me, his writing was atrocious before!!

Anyway, the lesson lasted 1 and half hour as agreed with the Teacher. She is charging me RM35 for each session. We are arranging for 2-3 (or sometimes more) times a week going around her busy schedule. I don't mind more since Ryan is on holiday now. As long as he enjoys his lessons and benefits out of it :).

Another thing I forgot to mention to his Teacher. I don't want her to give homework to him. I know practice makes perfect and I so believe in it. But he already has E.nopi homework and come next year, his new kindy will be loading him too. I don't want him stressed up. I have to constantly remind myself that he is still a little 5 year old boy. He is tall and big for his age. A good half a head taller than the next kid in his class. And he is the eldest amongst his siblings. It's so easy to forget that he is still a very small boy.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe