Followers


Tuesday, December 15, 2009

First Day of Work Today... Yawn!!!



Today is my first day back to the work force. Really take some getting to use to. My new boss arranged some back to back meetings for me... yes, on my first day! Not that I'm complaining. At least I get a good glimpse into the business and the company. But for the 1st day, it's quite abit of information overload. Not to mention that after so many days on rest, of enjoying being a temporary 'si lai', it is a bit tough switching on the 'working mode' again. Yawn!

I was two hearts about 2 weeks ago. On one hand, I was excited but what to anticipate in a new environment new boss new function. But on the other, I so love the carefree 'siew lai lai' mode... only have to worry about my kids, their studies and food in the house. Of course at more times than not, my blood pressure was high from scolding and punishing my kids... but still those are one of those quality moments with them. and there were those lazy moments that I can nap my afternoon away. Sigh! Well, there are debts to pay, loans to bring down and tax to get rid off. Gotta work! My dream however is to have an early retirement. I don't wish to slave till 60 or 65 years old. I want quality times with my family. Like favorite HK TVB character 'Chai Kau' (柴九) played by my favorite actor Wayne Lai Yiu Cheung (黎耀祥) in my favorite show Rosy business (巾幗梟雄)...'Yan sang duen duen yau kei tor kor sap nin. Jo yan jui kan yew tung fai.' In case you don't understand this cantonese jargons.. the translation is something like this - 'In our short life, there not many ten years (decades). It's then important we are happy and enjoy our lifetime'. How true!



Yawn! I'm going to bed now. I just hugged and kissed my 3 kids good night. Been a long day for me. See ya!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Joanne,

Welcome back to the workforce! Yeah sure it will take some time to get use to it.

Love to read your blog especially the analysis and review of the enrichment class/center, keep up the good work ya!


Cheers,
KJ

Joanne said...

Hi thanks :) Glad you find them useful.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe