Followers


Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Kids Are So Attached to Me Now :)



At one stage, I was
blogging how upset I was that my kids were so attached to my maids. Since my maid has gone back to Indon for a break, little Raymund had sem lost and attached himself to me. He wants me to 'pat pat' him to sleep every night. He wants me to sit next to him for meals. All these despite the many scoldings and punishing coz he is basically a very active and mischievous little boy. Needless to say, Ryan has always been attached to me. My hubby and I had been taking care of him since he was a baby. Those days we couldn't afford a maid.

The fact that I've been at home for a while after resigning from my former job and waiting to get on to the new one, encourages the bonding with my kids. I have been teaching, scolding (haha! Just can't avoid this ;p) , taking them out, bathing and playing with them helps... giving me quality time with my kids and hubby. I'm back to bathing my kids... sad, I've been slacking before since my maid has been doing the job. Normally after they have their evening exercise, I would bath the 2 boys together (of course, expect mischief here!) and then my little girl. Don't underestimate 'bathing' session with kids. My little girl got so much closer to me after these sessions. I so enjoy the bonding. She loves it too and said 'bah bah' (ie bath bath) and starts pulling at her clothes trying to take off her clothes ... like she thinks she can at 1 year old :). My husband also bath my little girl just the other day but he treated her like 'glass', haha! I asked him how come he was so confidently bathing the boys when they were young but when it comes to his girl, he was so cautious. He just told me his boys are tougher. His little girl is too fragile. Haha! Daddy's girl! I cannot 'tahan'... I took over the bathing after that to make sure that she was clean :p

I just put my little girl to bed. She has been cozying up to me earlier. Even rejecting her favourite kakak... which is just pretty rare! She snuggled up to me and wanted me to 'pat pat' her and make her sleep. So nice! The two boys wanted me to be around too. Lotsa urging and nudging to make them sleep. Finally... peace :) and I get to blog about it :)

Simple acts of pleasure!

2 comments:

Cynful Pleasure said...

nice bonding moments there ya... and I think we should enjoy this, as in no time, the kids will be grown and have their own 'gang'

Joanne said...

how true! I wish that my kids will be close to me even when they grow up.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe