Followers


Friday, March 12, 2010

I Must Find Time to Read with Ryan


Another batch of Scholastic books that I have ordered through my kids' new kindy arrived a few days ago. To be honest with you, I have not even finished half of what I bought in the earlier rounds. No time to read to them. But books are books ... there is nothing wasted about buying books. I have got 3 kids... they get passed down.

I received a call from Ryan's class teacher not too long ago. She called to check on Ryan's progress and more so, if I'm happy with his progress since he is the new to the school. This is what I like about SuperFun Learners. She told me about his progress and participation in class. While not as advanced as the kids who came to the kindy from day 1 at 4 years old, Ryan has shown good progress. I noticed that too. I even noticed Raymund's syllabus. When compared with Ryan's when he was at Raymund's age at Eduland (now, Beaconhouse), what a difference!! And it is the good difference. In the same conversation, I told his teacher that I'm worried about my son's reading ability. She advised that at this stage, having frequent reading with Ryan at home will help alot. Let him learn to recognize words from frequent reading.

I told myself that I have to make time to read with Ryan. I have bought so many story books for them. I will let Ryan choose one to read every night. Raymund is still young but Ryan has to go to Primary next year. I have to make time for him first (Correct or wrong?? Gut feel tells me I have to start coaching Raymund too - Sigh!) Saying is easy. My mad schedule was just mad! I was too tired. I finally got down to it tonight. I must say that Ryan hadn't slipped. Must be the kindy and his home tuition. I praised him when he read well! He was very happy and that got him to read more. We agreed that we will do again tomorrow before our Wii game session. I just thought if I can't read with him everyday, at least I should try during the weekend. I have certainly slipped up with my coaching. I depended wholly and too much on the enrichment classes that I have arranged for him. Ultimately, it still needs parents involvement.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe