Followers


Friday, March 19, 2010

I was old Enfagrow Milk Powder will increase price again



My little girl takes Enfagrow milk powder from Mead Johnson. Just the other day, I went to my regular chinese medicine shop to replenish my stock. I usually get the twin packs, better value. Just when I was about to pay, I noticed the price tag showed RM94.90! I had a shock and then I was pointed out that it was a triple pack. Worked out to be RM31.63 a pack. Still ok. The shop keeper told me to keep stocks. The triple packs were about to run out and they have news that the price for Enfagrow is gonna 'grow' again. Sigh! Gosh, the price of milk is growing as fast as, if not faster than gold! I think if fund houses decide to invest in baby milk, we would probably be getting great return, haha! Yep, I'm talking nonsense but I'm still venting. Many years ago, good milk costing RM 20+ was considered super expensive. Now??!


Actually I suspected that an increase is round the corner. Couple of weeks back, I couldn't get the milk powder for my girl. I always go for the original flavor. I think the honey and vanilla flavor ones could be a bit too heaty. Anyway, I was looking for the original ones, and went to a few chinese medicine shops. They ran out. One of them told me that the suppliers hadn't been replenishing their stocks and they had been calling them. I suspected then that I would be seeing another round of price hike.

Having a baby nowadays is not easy. Especially when you would like to give them the best.

2 comments:

Fledge said...

Yeah, I also noticed that Mead Johnson increases the price of Enfa a bit too often =(

I have been giving Nespray1+ and 3+ to my daughter - I find that it's much more affordable and also has good benefits like DHA, good bacteria etc

Joanne said...

I was told no diff in most milk powder. But of course the more expensive ones have better taste and texture.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe