Followers


Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wall Decal/Stickers for my Kids' Rooms

Do you know what I mean by wall decals? They are those stickers... can be cartoon or pattern or whatever designs .. that you use to stick on the walls to brighten up the room. Are they wall paper? Not really. I'll explain what I got later.

I have always wanted to decorate my kids' room but never got to. Always going for practical arrangement.. which is kinda boring for kids. One day, when I was walking in Sogo (children's department), I caught sight of wall decals - those with bright colorful pictures meant for children. I have been looking for them for the longest time but couldn't find what I want. They are hardly sold in Malaysia ... unless they are hidden somewhere that I don't regularly go. I even searched the internet then. I was looking for sticker.. big ones to stick on walls ... even Disney or cartoon character ones. Couldn't find. Those I've found are not in Malaysia and hideously expensive.

Anyway, I bought those that I saw in Sogo. The brand is called Momoyo. I got 2, one for Raymund's room and one for Rachel. I got both of these (see below) for my daughter's room. For Raymund, I've got space ships with little cute aliens and one on ocean and fishes, his favorite. Sorry, can't find the pictures and I've yet to take photos of their rooms :p) All came in pretty, bright colors meant for kids. Each costs about RM32.90 plus minus. Quite ok considering. The only disappointment is that the designs are very limited. But those that they already have are quite nice too. These stickers are not papers ... looks something like PVC. Self adhesive and the best part, removable! You can take it down again and paste it back on the paper provided to be reuse again. Exactly what I have been looking for.

My kids were so excited. They helped me put up the stickers on the wall. My little girl was 'wah'-ing away. Nice bonding activity. In fact, I got some more today from Sunway Pyramid - there is a Momoyo stall opposite Laksa Shak at LG level. Had more fun at bedtime :) What's more, I felt that it gives my kids incentive to go to bed at night :) And it definitely brightens up the room.

2 comments:

Rene Lee said...

Couz, you can also check out the ones at this website: www.irkoreadeco.com.
Saw this when I went for some Home Improvement show somewhere. Apparently they usually have a stall at the Amcorp Mall flea market. You can also call them at: 019-2064709 or 012-3882745.
They have some pretty good designs :)

Joanne said...

Hey thanks coz. I saw some at the flea market at Amcorp Mall last week. The ones I saw has designs but mainly for adults, not kiddos. I'll check out the site that you gave me. Thanks coz.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe