Followers


Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Princess Rachel is One-Year-Old


My darling girl turns ONE today. How time flies!

It seems like just yesterday when I gave birth to her. I can still remember the first moment I saw her. So tiny and adorable. One year has gone already. That's fast! My hubby and I have decided that we stop at 3 children. But we are already missing the days when we get to cuddle and play with our babies. Rachel, our youngest, is already toddling, learning to be more stable on her small feet. Before long, we will be getting headaches trying to discipline and coach all 3 kiddos.

We didn't have a big party for her. We did for Ryan's 1 year old and realized that he was just too young to appreciate it. In fact, it was too tiring for him then. So with Raymund and Rachel, we just had dinner with close family to celebrate their First Birthdays.

We celebrated twice for Rachel, just like we did for Raymund. We had a dinner with my in laws in Melaka last weekend. Didn't go too well as Rachel was tired and was throwing a tantrum. My little girl sleeps pretty early. She gets tired before 9pm. Since it wasn't the actual day, we didn't have a cake then. Also, there is this 'pantang' thingy (ie taboo) against blowing the birthday cake twice. Being a banana myself, I don't quite believe but for the sake of my daughter, I just follow.

Today, we have another round of dinner. This time with my side of the family. Learning from mistake, we had the dinner earlier at 7pm so that we are in time for cake cutting later (at home). She's good today. Cute in her little blue dress. I made a hair clip with blue bows and ribbons to match her dress. I'm learning how to make more. She had on white stockings, cardigan and little powdery pink shoes. Cute and very girly :) I have yet to upload the photos. Will do so when I have the time to transfer the photos to my PC. Soon :)

For presents, Rachel gets new clothes, a soft toy (she likes toys with flappy ears/hands for her to flip back and forth) and K's Kids stacker buckets with shape sorter from her parents. She likes to stack little cups and put things into containers and out. Her grandparents gave angpau. She also gets new pretty clothes from her 'kau foo' (uncle). We sang her the B'day song. She is still too young to understand. Just curious why everyone is singing. So cute. Then, it was bedtime. Just in time!



Happy Birthday to my darling girl!
May you grow up to be a lovely, lucky, healthy and happy girl;
May all good things come your way;
Love from Daddy and Mummy.


2 comments:

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Rachel sweetie!!

jessie said...

Happy Birthday, little Rachael. Mummy remember to upload her photos, ya.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe