Followers


Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Still in Awe with My Darling Girl



My little princess is growing up fast. By the end of this month, she will be 1 year old. Not going to celebrate big time. Just a nice family get together. My darling girl, as I sometimes call her, is not too fond of crowd. Simply because we don't take her out often, what with H1N1 brewing. Heard from my regular doc's nurse that strain #2 is out and about. And since our so called H1N1 vaccine is supposedly available this month, they couldn't really answer me if this vaccine is effective on this mutated strain. Sigh! Anyway, as I was saying, my little girl doesn't take to kindly to strangers - good and bad in a way. So, a small gathering with family people will be nice.

Compared with her 2 brothers, 'Mei Mei' (little sister) is more delicate and smaller boned even though she has long legs - thank God! I'm still in awe with her, and considered ourselves very blessed to finally have a daughter after 2 precious boys. It's really amazing how little baby girls turn out feminine and more 'manja'. Same with some of my friends'. The docs would tell us that it's due to the chromosomes and the female hormones blah blah. But really... :)

We can see more of her pearlies on both the upper and lower gums now. Soon after, I will expect her to give some sharp bites as did her brothers. She knows quite a bit too. The Chinese would say that girls learn to talk faster. Not sure about that but I think that being the youngest help to speed things up a bit. If she wants someone or to go somewhere, she knows to point in that direction with her cutie finger. We didn't consciously teach her but I guess she picked it up when we speak to her, pointing out things to her.


Some of her words - 'Daddy' is very clear though she calls both her Mummy and Daddy 'Daddy', 'Nen nen' for milk, 'fiss' for fish, 'bao bao bao' to get someone to carry her, 'go' as in really go. She tries to imitate but still yet to say 'Mummy' :p. And Her Daddy melts every time she calls him. Definitely had him wrapped around her little finger :)

My little girl loves music. When she hears music, she will start to rock her body and bouncing her bum. Just hope that she wouldn't be a 'disco kaki' when she grows up, haha!

And to think we wanted to stop at just 2 boys. My darling girl was an 'accident'. We didn't plan for a 3rd child and in fact considering not to take it through. I can't thank God enough that we made the right decision to keep her. Truly the baby of the family and our only darling girl, I hope we wouldn't spoil her.

3 comments:

aricialim said...

wow time flies...........Rachel grows up very fast, more girly & feminine compare to previous photos. hahahahaha

Joanne said...

ya thank God! Haha! I was worried that she'd be a tom boy. How's youra?

Rene Lee said...

OMG! She's grown up so much already. She's already turning 1??!!

I never really got to see her. I think the only time I actually saw her was a few weeks after she was born. Don't think I saw her anytime after that.

She looks sooooo girly!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe