Followers


Monday, August 3, 2009

Awarding STARS for My Son When He Does Something Well


Lately, Ryan is very excited about getting STARS from his teacher. He would come back from kindergarten chattering about how his teacher gave him 'stars' or 'stickers' on the 'achievement' board when he had been a good boy or did some good work. Seems this 'hall of fame' thingy also works for kids. Well, I took advantage of this and started awarding stars for every piece of his good work or good behaviour. When he did a good exercise without many retries, I would 'chop' 5 STARS on that piece of work (I bought a nice 'star' stamp to make things a bit more exciting). His face would brighten up and he would try his best to get more stars the next round. Sometimes, I would give him a 'bonus' star too. Seems to work very well :)

I'm thinking of putting up a STAR scoreboard for him.
Yet to get around to doing it.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe