Followers


Monday, August 31, 2009

Kids and Snakes



I just watched Anaconda on Astro ... again... with my eldest son Ryan earlier tonight. It suddenly struck me that I had to teach Ryan what to do in the event that he met with a snake at anytime, anywhere.. and worst, alone! We live near a forest and the residential playground is very near to that forest. What if a stray snake or two decides to wander to the playground or touch wood, our house! I can imagine what Ryan or Raymund would do. Either 'Mummy! Snake! Scared!' or 'Mummy, see the snake! So cute!' or 'Hello, snake!'. Horrifying!!!

I told Ryan that if he sees a snake anywhere - playground, house, garden, just anywhere - don't go near. Run and look for Mummy, Daddy or someone. Tell us that he has seen a snake. If little brother, Raymund is nearby, he is to pull Raymund quickly away and run straight to us adults. I instilled a bit a fear in him saying that snakes can bite ... pain ... blood... can die...blah, blah blah, little kids fear. The last thing I want is for him to get curious and check out the crawlies. I got him to repeat what he is supposed to do IF he sees one. Better safe than sorry. Never leave to chance!

2 comments:

Catherine Yee said...

Hi Joanne, you can try to put some suphur surrouding your house. Snakes are scared of suphur.

Joanne said...

Hi Catherine.. yep I know about sulphur. Thanks vm. But can't do much for the residential playground tho.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe