Followers


Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Simple Math Exercises for My 5-Year-Old


After attending Enopi for almost a year now, it seems to have a positive effect on Ryan. The Critical Thinking Part of Enopi actually trained my son in recognizing patterns. Taking advantage of this, I have actually progressed my son into looking into number sequencing. He grasped it very quickly as it is all about patterns. Then I would teach him how to read the numbers. I have in fact got him do number sequencing up to 5 digit numbers (10,000+). Cool :)!

What I did was write the 1st 2 to 3 number sequence and then asked him to continue with the next 5 to 6 numbers. Example:

47 48 __ __ __ __ __
121 122 __ __ __ __ __
12511 12512 __ __ __ __ __
10 20 __ __ __ __ __
2 4 6 __ __ __ __

I have also introduced simple Kindergarten Mathematics like ADDITION and SUBTRACTION to Ryan. At this point, he understands the concept but still needs to physically draw out the number of balls to do the math. Enopi is training him to do simple Math without having to do physical counting. Let's see :lol:. I would say, it is money worth spending :D


No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe