Followers


Monday, August 31, 2009

My Beautiful Double Layer Hibiscus



I bought 2 young hibiscus plants. Was told that they are of the double layer hibiscus type - huge and beautiful. One of them is yellow and the other is red, I think. I have been waiting for them to bloom for yonks. However strong wind and weak stalks caused the baby buds to break a fall. Finally, one of them buds strived through the wrath of nature! I had a nice beautiful double layer hibiscus. Here is a picture. The lighting wasn't good as I took the photo at night. Too excited to wait. Anyway, each bloom will only last a day. A pity.


I love gardening. It's my newly discovered hobby since I shifted into my house. I love to see colours in the garden. More so, I'd like to see my plants grow through my care. It is very satisfying! I'm not a pro in gardening but I have been learning through trials and errors. The nursery where I get most of my stuff from, its owner, he is willing to teach me how to care for my plants and garden. Some would say that I have green fingers. I'd say, no such thing coz hardy cactus died in my hands in the earlier days. It is very much the case of acquiring knowledge and learning through trials and errors as with many things.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe