Followers


Thursday, August 27, 2009

Vitamins and Supplements for my Kids



What with H1N1 still going on strongly ... death toll increasing... number of people affected rising... I can help but be very paranoid about it. Every time someone in my family contracted cough and flu, I get very worried about the possibility of H1N1 on my kids especially. The recent case about the death of a 3 year old baby due to H1N1 upset me badly. I can't imagine how his parents feel. There is nothing we can do about it but hope and pray that our kids and family are fine and healthy.

I'm now quite 'fanatic' :) about building my family esp my kids immunity. I've increased the dosage of Vitamin C for my family - I read on the web somewhere that vitamin C at a sufficient level would boost immunity. Strangely, some docs do not believe the wonders of Vitamin C. During my recent visit to a clinic, the doctor told me that it is just a belief that Vitamin C can boost immunity. A pediatrician also once shared the same view. After all my school education and so on, it is hard to stomach that. Anyway, no harm taking and I still believe vitamin C does help. We just have to remember to give them lots of water as these vitamins are quite heaty.



These are what my kids are taking now. I ran out of Vidaylin Mini Bear Gummies with Garden Vegetables when I took this picture. This is for replacement of fruits and vege which my kids don't frequently take. Here is a separate pix on it.
I just bought another supplement for my kids called Pureen Kids Chewable Milk Colostrum. My sons love it. If you are interested, check out this site about what it can do:http://www.ussummit.com.my/servlet/gateway?command=ShowcaseProductInfo&category=998443500143&id=1200513456408&catname=baby

2 comments:

Amy Lee said...

Your kids all have no problem taking the vits? Lucky you. My son won't take any of those. He said they are yucky!

Joanne said...

Actually my sons are quite picky.
I have to spot their likes and dislikes to get the right one. I know they like strawberry and chewy types, so I buy 1 first to try. Initially they didn't like the gummies, but now they like. Just encourage but don't to force else will get scared when you ask them to take vits later. If they don't like this taste, get another brand. Us mums have to do this trial and error stuff. Now they are better. Sigh :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe