Followers


Thursday, August 20, 2009

Today, The 1st Day of Hungry Ghost Festival



Today is the 1st day of 7th Chinese Lunar Month, otherwise known as the Hungry Ghost Festival. The usual advice is for people, especially children, not to go out too late in case of close encounters of the 'G' kind! I'm particularly careful coz Ryan - believe it or not - gets particularly nervous during the Chinese Lunar 4th and 7th month. And the best part is he doesn't even know anything about the Hungry Ghost Festival.

When Ryan was younger, around 2-3 years old, he would freak out very badly when he visited some places. Once we were at a furniture shop, we went upstairs where it was totally deserted. Out of the blue, my little boy went berserk and ran to a corner. There he cowered and trembled and crying like mad. His eyes was looking all around and he was definitely very frightened. Had no choice but to haul him out of the shop. Since then, he said he didn't want to go to that shop.

Last year, he told me that he was scared because he saw a 'barney monster shadow flying in the room over there'. After a while, he relaxed and said it was gone already. And it was during the 7th month! Gave me the shivers!

So is it true then that some kids could sense and see these other worldly things? Some believe, some don't. I do coz I'm also a sensitive but I try to block it out most of the time. If you are interested, I can 'cerita' my many encounters, haha! But I don't have the third eye, thank God! I know for a fact that my son could see (not all the time though) coz when he said or reacted, it was those times that I myself sense and felt very uncomfortable too. There was once I was alone holding my then 3year old Ryan and working on my PC at home, I sense something at the back of me and I looked behind. I saw a mass of black mist and then it was gone. I didn't show any reaction. Ryan then looked over the same spot and looked frightened and hid his face. I just said loudly ' Please don't disturb us and frighten my son who is very young'. Then it was gone. Just a snippet of my encounters, haha! I'm quite wary if Raymund is just as sensitive. So far, nothing happened. Phew!

Is it then something to be frighten about? Well, of course we can't help being nervous about something which is other worldly. To me, I'm not exactly frightened unless my family especially my children are being threathened or disturbed. I believe that these beings exist parallel with us. As long as they don't 'disturb us, I'm fine. So far so good.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe