Followers


Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Looking for the right children's study table..

Finally, I found the right children's study table for my sons. I'm kinda fussy :). I wasn't looking for the ABC single seater type, or any single seater for that matter. I wanted a table that can sit 4-6 people so that both my sons can draw and study on it with us adults teaching and guiding them. Most importantly, it must be of the right height. My son's old table is too low - his knees are hitting the table. I believe that it is very important to seat with good posture especially when they are learning how to read and write. A proper table and chair would also help their focus and concentration. I had problem with the other table. My son was easily tired and uncomfortable when I was teaching him.

And then, of course, there is my princess Rachel who will soon grow up :). The ideal is something like what my son's kindergarten use. But unfortunately those were custom made. I looked around in many furniture shops and couldn't find what I had in mind. Finally, I went to IKEA. Actually I'm not too keen on IKEA products.


They have great creative ideas but the quality is just so so. But this table is JUST what I needed :) Costed me RM129 but I think it was worth it. The best part is that it is washable in case we play the messy stuff like arts and craft. Their chairs are nice to look at but expensive @ RM59 each. So decided to get the plastic chairs from one of those chinese shops - looks good, hardy and cheap - only RM9 each.


I was also looking for a cupboard or rack to store his books and stationery. I found these instead. From IKEA. Colourful stackable boxes of different sizes. Just perfect for my boys and definitely cheaper than a cupboard.




Happy, happy... :)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe