Followers


Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rantings of a working mum

Gloom! I didn't have such a good day at work today! There are times I wonder if I would be better off being a stay-at-home-mom or SAHM for short. No company politics to worry about, no watching my back and the most important - no stress in balancing between working life and family. The down side - NO INCOME :(


Will bosses ever understand a working mom's commitment towards her family? And especially when there are young children at hand? Will bosses ever understand why we have to take EL or rush back when our young children are sick or need our immediate attention? Do they know that a mom's role is important in shaping the future for our kids? Or do they even care? Or should they care? As moms, we are the ones who coach our young children in their studies. We are the ones who groom them. We are the ones who feed them...We just have to be there when they need us. Well, it's not to say that daddies don't do these but generally moms play a bigger role or at least, it is in my case. It simply wouldn't do when we leave the house early in the morning without seeing our kids and when we come back, they have already gone to bed. The last thing I know is that they would call my maids 'moms'!!!! Jokes aside, I try not to let that happen! And there is this thing about sending our kids to tuition or enrichment classes right after work. The rush!!


So what if I work during office hours but back in time to take care of my children and family. And when they have been properly attended to, I resume my late night work? Not really a problem except that it can be really tiring at times. While we do all these, does it mean that us moms are not concentrating on our jobs, our careers?


So, perhaps.. just perhaps...SAHM is a better option? Or perhaps, perhaps I can be a SAHM operating small flexi-hour business ??? Hmmm....


Well ... looks like I'm very 'loh soh' today. That's ranting from a working mom like me!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe