Followers


Saturday, November 28, 2009

All Shops are on Sale.. but Gold is Sky High


As I was saying, we went 'jalan-jalan' (strolling) in Sunway Pyramid after our dinner yesterday. It's really just walking around, window shopping to digest our yummy Thai dinner. Most of the retail outlets have big SALE signs plastered around. My kind of excitement! ... but not when my kids are around. No way I can take my own sweet time choosing and trying. So, we just look around and file away sales information for later. My hubby wanted to get some casual and golf shirts. Most brands are having sale too - lotsa 50% cut! Yippee!

Anyway, we were just strolling until my hubby caught sight of 'GREAT SALE' sign at Tomei. Why not just take a look. No intention to buy but just look around.. you'll never know ;p The sale items are around stones and diamond items. But the Gold price is sky high. For 916, the price has risen to RM142!! Crazy! Gone were the good old days when the price of gold then was RM30+ and those days, we were complaining?!! True that those days were like more than 20 years ago, but still! In the span of just 20 years, it has gone 4 to 5 times!! The manager was telling us that the price suddenly shot in the last week. It was still about RM130+ last week but now.. sigh! I read the papers just this week that the price is expected to rise further next year. Darn... if I had lotsa $ (keep dreaming ;p) and if I had thought of investing in gold at the beginning of the crisis (another dream ;p), I would have been laughing to bank now and later. It's out of reach then and its way out of reach now. Not my luck! Well, as us Chinese say ..direct translated, ya... 'if we had known things earlier, there wouldn't be any beggar' or in cantonese 'yau jou chee jau mou hat yee'

2 comments:

Rene Lee said...

According to my mum's friend (who is a jeweller), the price of gold is so high that business is really bad for them. They can't bring the price down coz it just cost them too much already in gold.

As for the thought of storing the value in gold, it doesn't quite work as well. When you try and sell the gold back, the price they would pay you is not that attractive. They need to profit, charge for labour etc.

Joanne said...

True.. but I was also talking about investment in gold related stuff if they have such thing. Anyway, just a thought only... Just frus when I couldn't get a little gold chain for my little girl's bday... not worth it

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe