Followers


Thursday, November 19, 2009

Getting Scholastic Books



In my earlier post, I mentioned that I was trying to contact the Scholastic Book Clubs via email to get hold of the other series of Clifford Phonics Fun Pack. But for some reason, my email was not answered. I have left it alone for a while hoping to get another round of booklist offer. It's year end already. And next year, I'm transferring Ryan to another kindy near my house. This is a smaller kindy. I wasn't sure if the Scholastic Book Clubs distribute their booklist to this kindy. Spurred by one of my blog readers (Jehan - thanks :)), I have decided to check out the Scholastic Malaysia site for a contact number which I could have missed.

I got hold of the customer service number. I managed to talk to one of the call agents and I was able to check that the new kindy which my kids are going to is in their distribution list. Yea! They don't sell direct to consumers but only through schools. That's when we get the better price (vs the bookstores, if you can find the books you want). I asked about the Clifford Phonic Fun Packs series which I'm interested in. How can I get the complete set? Do I have to wait for each booklist distribution. But then again, you wouldn't know if they'd be offering one of the series the next round.

By the way, just so you know, the Scholastic Book Clubs distribute their booklists to the kindies every 3 months. I normally buy a lot. Books are as cheap as

Anyway, as I was saying, I don't want to wait every 3 months and hope that they offer one of the Clifford Phonics Fun Packs each time. There are 6 packs altogether. It will be forever before I get the full set. Ha,ha, I'm normally a bit impatient when I'm set for something :) Luckily for me, I can go to their office to get the remaining packs for the same price at RM28 each pack (original price RM47.80). Each pack has 12 books. Really worth it. It's not really just the price but I find that the phonics education in these packs are just right for my kids. Repetitive learning and by phonics sound groups. I don't want it too complicated. This is just what I want. I asked why so I can buy from them since they mentioned that they have to go thru schools. Apparently, only teaching books like this one can be bought directly from their office. Then I asked about good 'teaching' books for phonics. He advised that there are 2 books series which are most often recommended for Phonics - this Clifford Phonics Fun Packs and the Bob Books series.


If you want to see a sample of the Clifford Book, check out this site (click here).

If you want to know where the office is. The address is below. It's in Petaling street where there is a Chinese temple and Indian temple. At the end of the road, there is a police station. The office is along this road. I'm not planning to visit them any time soon until I finish my current 2 Clifford Packs with Ryan. We are a bit lazy lately. Sigh!

Scholastic Malaysia

Level 7, Plaza First Nationwide,

161 Jalan Tun H. S. Lee,

50000 Kuala Lumpur

Customer Service: 1-300-88-7818, Mondays -Fridays, 9am - 5pm

Fax: 03-2070-1898

Email: customerservice@scholastic.com.my

Hope this helps :)

5 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

Oh i like Scholastic books. They are really good for kids and pretty expensive at the bookstore. I got some during the sales last year at Mid Valley. Thanks for sharing. I know where to go when I need to get more for Ashley :)

Mummy Gwen said...

This is very good info. Thanks. :)

Joanne said...

No worries... :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. So does this mean I can get books directly from their office?

Peekabook said...

Hope this will be of some help... We sell Scholastic books online, and you can get all 6 of the Clifford Phonics Fun Box Sets here.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe