Followers


Sunday, November 8, 2009

I Attended Wire Jewellery Making Workshop



I was looking for some workshop - anything along craft, even cooking. I want to learn something that is sorta useful. While between jobs, I've some time that I can concentrate on my hobbies which I put on hold for a long long long time... all except gardening :)

I've always wanted to learn some crafts. The schedules for Cooking classes were not suitable for me. So, I googled up for workshop and classes ... and voila, I found beading classes and wire jewelery classes. I sent in an enquiry and good a reply for wire jewelery that fits my schedule. Thought it could be fun coz I love costume jewelery and ear rings. I have in mind to design some for myself after I attend some classes.

My instructor is Emi Kaz. Ypu can check out some of Emi's work at http://emikaz.blogspot.com/. I had fun at the workshop. I attended the beginner's class with another lady at Emi's studio and I get to do hands on practice for a bracelet, a pair of ear rings and a ring. I was very excited after the lessons. I began ordering my tools and supply online so that I can practice. My 'toys' arrived a few days ago. I have yet to get the beads/gem stones (cheaper ones lah coz still practising :)) that I like. Seems I have to go on overseas web. Even certain wires are not available in Malaysia. It's quite easy actually.

My First Attempt at Wire Jewelery

BTW I have also done some bows and ribbons hair clips for my little girl. I'll show you later.


No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe