Followers


Saturday, November 28, 2009

Personal Tuition for Ryan.. Ain't Cheap!



I have always thought of getting someone to give Ryan personal tuition to help him with his tough areas... particularly Chinese. This is one subject that I really really cannot teach. Even at his 5 year old level, it has already gone beyond me. I can do it the very tough way by getting someone to teach me so that I can teach him but it wouldn't do. Hence, I thought of personal tuition. I didn't work on it last time simply because I couldn't find a tutor and I didn't want to stress Ryan up with too many classes while he was schooling. Now that school holidays have started, I'm thinking of getting him to go to Cosmotots and find some help for Chinese. Math is well taken care by E.nopi and I can still handle the Malay portion. More than enough for his holidays. I'll just reshuffle them when school reopens.

Finally, I got someone who is willing to give home tuition. His class teacher! I asked her during the Parents Teachers Meeting if she is interested. I thought since Ryan likes his class teacher, the lessons will be quite good for him. Ryan loves the idea. In fact, when I told him, he was asking if the teacher was coming that day to teach him. Excited or what!

But then, I was totally ignorant about the price. I used to think - how expensive can tuition for kindy kids be. In my days, my tuition centres used to charge

What choice do I have? I may try out a few lessons to see how effective. Then I will decide whether to continue...unless a better option pops up. Kids are so lucky nowadays. Parents like me are getting broke. I daren't imagine when all 3 kids of mine are schooling!

5 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

i'm thinking of Chinese tuition for Ashley too :) however, my hubby thinks it's pretty stressful for kids her age to go for tuition :(

Joanne said...

Wait till when she going for 6 year old class first. See how she is in school now. I agree with hubby, dun stress her 1st :)
I go heavier on Ryan coz he has 1 more year to go be4 Chinese Primary and he is still at ground zero. No much choice :(

Fledge said...

how much do you pay the home tutor? it's not stated in your blog? hope you don't mind sharing.

Joanne said...

I don't mind :)
I pay her RM80 for a 2 hour lesson. She is to cover Chinese, BM and English. Also to guide my son with his homework. At the same time, a little guidance for Raymund when he comes home with homework too.

Kent Lau said...

hi,dear caring mother Joanne,
I am interested to help your kid to learn some new Chinese word and sentence

kindly, visit my site
http://learn-mandarin-lesson.com
Thank you.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe