Followers


Friday, November 20, 2009

Rejuvenating...



I love massage. Reflexology, body massage, whatever. It's so rejuvenating...so relaxing. It has been the longest time since I last visited a masseur. My maid has been giving good reflexology pretty regularly. So, I thought it would be good enough. She is quite good. Another source of income when she returns to Indon. Massage, whether back massage or reflexology helps me to improve my health. Normally, when I'm at the brink of getting ill, I'd ask my maid to give a more thorough back massage and foot reflexology. I feel that it does help me since massage improves blood circulation. One can argue that it is all in the mind :)

Lately, my immunity seems to be better. Less easy to fall sick and when I caught a flu, I recovered overnight. Either the vitamins that I've taking or my regular reflexology or both. Whatever it is, I just love a good massage. We discovered quite by chance that the perfect ointment for massage is Vicks Vapor Rub. It started when I was having very persistent cough sometime ago and someone advised me to use Vicks to rub at the base of feet and then covered with socks. I was also having flu then. I had a back massage with Vicks and it helped my nasal congestion. Vicks is just right, not too oily or slippery and lasts longer - perfect for massage. She can easily break the dirt crystals trapped at the base of my feet. What's more, it warms up my feet/body. Nice! Try it :)

Today, I've decided to pamper myself and go for more professional body massage. I've always wanted to try out Thai Odyssey but have been wondering if it is another sleazy massage parlor. Not so actually. It's not exactly cheap either. I paid RM120+ for a 90 min Thai aromatherapy body massage. The masseur assigned to me was a big lady of Thai nationality. I was half worried that she would break my bones, haha :) ! Turned out to be a wonderful, relaxing experience. I will visit again later. The next time, I'll try other offerings like the Thai reflexology, oil-less massage, herbal massage but not the back breaking Thai traditional massage!! Can't go too often - I have watch my purse too ;p


4 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

oh i love massages too. there used to be one near my area but it has since closed down :( wow, rm120 for 90mins is expensive. the one i went to charge rm30 for an hour and the indon lady was really good. boy, i really need a massage now.

Joanne said...

I knowe its super expensive but good to pamper yourself once in a while. Thai massage is diff fr Indon...

jessie said...

I love a good massage, too. It makes me sleep better at nite and at times, makes my migraine go away.
RM120 for 90 mins for a Thai massage..it's within the market price range. Once you find a massage center you're comfortable with and a good masseur(and price ok), sign up for a course; it's more value for money.

Joanne said...

yep I'm sorely tempted :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe