Followers


Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm NOT Ready to Tell My Son About "the Birds and the Bees"



One morning, while I was fetching Ryan to kindergarten, Ryan was playing quietly at the back of the car. All of a sudden, he called me,
"Mummy, see my bird bird. I have got 3 bird bird!"
Huh???
"What are you doing Ryan? Don't play with your bird bird."
"Shame, shame if people see you, ok. And you have only 1 bird bird"
(I wonder what he counted heh heh :))
Innocently, he continued proudly at the top of his voice - thank God, my windows were all up!!
"Mummy, Daddy got big bird bird and hair. "
"Ryan got bird bird and no hair."
"Mummy got hair and tummy."
"How come?"
WHAT?!!!
I was really really trying hard not to laugh.
Another part of me was also thinking - IS IT time to talk to my son about the birds and the bees? Isn't 5 year old a bit too young? What to say to him? Errr...at lost.
Ended up with...
"Ryan, only boys and men have bird bird. Mummy is not a man. So no bird bird. "
Forget about the hair part. I suppose I just chickened out. Wait till he is much older. Let his Science class start first. Ha, ha!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe