Followers


Wednesday, May 27, 2009

When You Suspect that You Are Pregnant!




A mom 3 times over - I guess I can give some flashbacks about my experiences about what I did when I found that I was pregnant. The most memorable one was my first pregnancy. More so because it was the first time and not knowing what to do and what to expect. When my 2nd and 3rd baby were conceived, it was almost like a piece of cake! Exagerating a bit la. 

Each pregnancy of mine wasn't exactly the same. But most importantly, we have to be careful and do what we think is right and safe for the baby. These were some of the things I did when I suspected that I was pregnant:
  1. Bought a home pregnancy pack to check out if I was pregnant. The best time to do this is first thing in the morning when you wake up. My book told me to do so 10 days after I missed my period for better accuracy.
  2. Hunted for a gynecologist. If you are not sure who or where. Ask your friends and relatives (moms) to recommend. I will blog about this later. 
  3. Had the 1st appointment with my gynaecologist to confirm my pregnancy. My docs scanned my tummy to look for the little 'bag' and did urine tests on the 1st visit. They would normally give the necessary Folic to be taken daily. Or additional medicine/supplements if the doctor feels it is necessary.
  4. Most importantly, my GP advised - Take the day off and celebrate with dear hubby! It's a special moment!!!
A personal note:
  1. Stop all supplements or medicine, including Chinese 'poh' herbs. Ask your gynaecologist first before continuing. Have to be sure that it is safe for the fetus. In my case, my gynae just told me to drop everything as his vitamins would have been enough for my pregnancy.
  2. If you are on medicine (due to virus, etc), immediately tell your gynaecologist as some medicine are harmful to the fetus. You can even google it for more info.


No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe