Followers


Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Visit to the Chinese Medicine shop again


Snow Jelly
Red Dates "Sang suk yee mai"

Just made a trip to the Chinese Medicine shop in OUG (opposite the wet market, next to Guardian) to get Rachel's 
Similac milk  and some Chinese medicine. This shop's pricing is very reasonable and you can also pay by credit card. There is another Chinese Medicine Shop in Happy Garden which is even cheaper but they accept cash only. If you are interested to know where, leave me a comment :). For my convenience, I went to the one nearer. 

Rachel's Similac is only RM59.50 here. At another shop in Puchong, they sold Similac (green cap) for RM61 which they said was a very special price (?!). No need to mention about supermarkets of course - it is like >RM67 over there - I'd only buy if it's really an emergency.

While I was there, I asked the sinseh about my girl - despite taking all those medicine, how come she still has lots of phlegm when she coughs occassionally. He advised to dillute the milk and drink lots of water. Especially in hot weather like this, the milk will cause phlegm and heatiness. Dillute the milk, drink lots of water AND feed her with Hao Zao San, Chuen Pui mixed (which I can get there). That was his advice. Ooops I forgot! To boil 'sang suk yee mai' as well for all at home to drink as water. Only put 2 or 3 pieces of winter melon sugar (gula kundur) for taste but not too much as it can cause phlegm. My Chinese Sin seh has been my advicer - not bad ya!

I also stocked up the Snow Jelly which is depleting. There was a promotion for 9 squares of Snow Jelly and free pao sum for RM180.  Got that too. Snow Jelly is supposed to help boost immunity, strengthen the lungs and for good skin. The alternative, the more expensive alternative is Bird Nest - which only to help strengthen lungs. 

1 comment:

Joanne said...

really? I mentioned no snake though :)
But I think it has to do with chinese medicine coz I was talking alot about it
And sorry, I don't know much about snake wine but heard about how snake can help with health.

Will be happy to heara from you again if you found out more.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe