Followers


Sunday, May 3, 2009

Teaching my children about saving money


Lately I have been hearing my children say - "Mummy, buy toys for Ryan, ok" , "Mummy, car toys spoil already, buy again ok?" and Raymund was jabbering also ..."mummy buy ok?", "I want, I want"

Things come a bit too easy for them. They know that we have to PAY for toys, or rather Daddy Mummy have to pay them, but just they don't know how difficult it is to save money. So, I thought, it is time for another lesson: 'Save money to buy your own toys' - well not all but some.

Then, I went hunting for coin boxes. The old regular red clay piggy bank wouldn't do. It wouldn't last the day with my sons.

I found this one instead. Plastic, see thru, cute design and just the right size. Not bad! That day, Mummy brought home another present to them. Heh, heh! A coin box for each of my boys. I started explaining to them that they have to save money to buy their own toys and that everyday, Mummy or Daddy will give them some money to put into the box. I guess Raymund is a bit too young for this coz before I could finish explaining, he picked up Daddy's wallet and looked for money ;p

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe