Followers


Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pasting Flashcards on my cupboard

I've been thinking about how to teach my son English and Chinese; how to get him to be familiar with some common words and Chinese characters.

Flashcards is ok but then again I want something which is a bit more interesting and more physical movements. My son is active and getting him sit down for an hour is not exactly easy. I'd like to make learning a bit more fun - like a game.
One of the mum's blog gave me an idea. I decided to sacrifice my nice spotless cupboard (in our bedroom) and started pasting home-made flashcards on it. I also used mahjong paper to write some Chinese characters on them.

Then I get my son to read and spell them to me. We do some role plays. Sometimes I'm the teacher and and sometimes, I become the student. IT seemed to work :)

I would check up his kindergarten work and put up those phonics words and Chinese characters which coincide with his recent learning. And this become something like a revision for him at home.
Why I chose the cupboard and not a wall?

Simple! 2 reasons:
  1. Its easier to clean plastic than a wall. Just use D-40!

  2. When he wakes up in the morning, the 1st thing he sees is the cupboard right in front of him.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe ss_blog_claim=688caa9e4ba46a9ff6aa8fb4f3f96dbe